Schedule & Fees
Class Schedule | Course Descriptions | Policies | Tuition Schedule
Pay monthly tuition here!
**Note: Please be sure to input your child's name on the 'Review Your Payment' screen where requested.
Make costume payments here!
**Note: Please be sure to input your child's name on the 'Review Your Payment' screen where requested.
Making Moves CLASS SCHEDULE:
Click here for a printable 2015/2016 Class Schedule
Level 2 Ballet
Level 3/4 T&L
Level 3/4 Ballet
Level 2 T&L
Level 1 Gymnastics
|6:00 - 7:00pm||Tiny Tot 1 Tap and Ballet (Ages 3 & 4)||Room #2|
|6:00 - 7:00pm||No Girlz Allowed - All Boys Hip Hop Class||Room #3|
Level 1 Tap
|7:05 - 8:05pm||Beginner 5-8 Tap and Ballet Combo||Room #2|
|7:55-8:40pm||Level 1 Jazz||Room #1|
Tots Hop & Roll 2½ - 5 yrs
Level 2 Ballet
Level 3/4 T&L
|6:00-7:00pm||Tiny Tot Combo 2/3 Tap & Ballet Combo ( Ages 4-6)||Room #3|
|7:05-8:05pm||Level 3/4 Ballet||Room #1|
|7:05 - 8:05pm||Level 2 T&L||Room #2|
|8:10 - 8:55pm||Level 3 Jazz||Room #1|
6:30 - 9:00pm
Beg/Int Pre-Teen & Teen Combo (Tap/Ballet/Jazz)
|6:00 - 8:15pm||Int 5-8 Tap, Ballet and Jazz Combo||Room #2|
Beg/Int 6-8 Tap and Ballet Combo
|9:00-10:00am||Level 2 Tap||Room #2|
9:00 - 10:00am
Tiny Tot 1 Tap and Ballet (Ages 3 & 4)
10:05 - 11:05am
Level 3/4 Tap
10:05 - 11:05am
Tiny Tot Combo 2/3 Tap & Ballet Combo ( Ages 4-6)
10:05 - 11:05am
Int/Adv Tap and Jazz (Ages 7-12)
|11:15 - 12:15pm||Level 2 Jazz||Room #1|
11:10 - 12:10pm
Level 4 Jazz
11:05 - 11:50am
Intro to Ballet - Ages 7 & up
|12:20 - 1:20pm||Level 3 Hip Hop||Room #1|
12:15 - 1:15pm
|Level 1 Hip Hop|
|12:15 - 1:15pm||Level 2 Hip Hop||Room #3|
|1:25 - 2:25pm||Level 4 Hip Hop||Room #1|
|1:20 - 2:20pm||Level 2 Lyrical||Room #2|
|2:30 - 3:30pm||Level 2 Gymnastics||Room #1|
|2:30 - 3:30pm||Level 3/4 Lyrical||Room #2|
|2:30 - 3:30pm||Adult Jazz||Room #3|
|3:35 - 4:35pm||Level 3/4 Gymnastics||Room #1|
Click here to find us using the metro.
Making Moves Bowie Community Center Schedule:
This is Making Moves' 3rd year teaching at the Bowie Community Center located at 3209 Stonybrook Dr., Bowie, MD 20715. Pease call 301-464-1737 to sign up for classes.
9:00am – 9:45am - Creative Dance Ages 4-6 (1612467)
9:45am – 10:30am – Ballet/Jazz Ages 7-11 (1612469)
10:30am – 11:15am – Dance Sampler Ages 7-11 (1612567)
11:15am – 12:00noon – Pre-Gymnastics and Tumbling Ages 7-11 (1612669)
12:00noon – 12:45pm – Hip Hop Basics Ages 7-11 (1612517)
12:45pm – 1:30pm – Ballet/Jazz Ages 12-16 (1612773)
1:30pm – 2:15pm – Hip Hop Ages 12-16 (1612531)
- BALLET is the foundation of all forms of dance and helps the dancer develop poise, grace, style, proper body alignment and technique which should be incorporated in all styles of dance.
- T&L (TURNS AND LEAPS) is a technique class in which dancers will master the ability to demonstrate extensions, turns, leaps and jumps. Stretching and core work will be an important part of this class. While finding and strengthening core muscles, dancers will be instructed in how to execute and perfect high extensions, powerful turns and high jumps while maintaining balance and control. This is not a performance class.
- TAP is percussive footwork that marks out precise rhythmic patterns on the floor. This class assists the students with developing a sense of rhythm and also increases strength in the lower body (legs, ankles and feet).
- JAZZ is a style of dance that emphasizes isolation of movement, especially in the upper body. It is a rhythmic dance form with Ballet and Modern Dance contributing to its elegance.
- K-Mob, J-Mob, & Mob Squad (HIP HOP) evolved out of street and break dancing moves, and is characterized by its vigorous athletics and bouncy style. Hip Hop is danced primarily to Hip Hop, Rap and R & B music.
- LYRICAL dance interprets interpret the lyrics or mood (intent) of a song (with or without words) using a combination of ballet and/or jazz and/or modern technique. This form includes the use of legwork, balance, and facial and body emotion.
- GYMNASTICS tests strength, rhythm, balance, flexibility and agility. This class consists of floor exercises, balance beam, mini-trampoline and utilization of props.
- MODERN dance is a form of dance which focuses on the serious expression of inner emotions, using a free-flowing, interpretive style, rather than following the rigid rules characteristic of many dance disciplines.
- TOTS HOP AND ROLL is an introduction to hip hop and gymnastics for tots. This class will teach vital skills of balance, coordination, body awareness and flexibility.
- YOU AND ME, BABY teaches young children (age’s 18mos-3years) coordination and the fundamentals of a dance class. They will sing and dance along with their favorite songs and learn new ones too! They will be introduced to creative movement and ballet dance. The teacher guides the parent/tot team in a way that makes discovering movement, balance and listening skills easy and fun.
MMDC’s mission is to provide a safe and positive arts environment to at-risk and underserved individuals in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. MMDC offers a quality and diverse dance environment to a community that is underrepresented in the arts.
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY
Making Moves Dance Collective, Inc. admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the organization. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please note: Tuition is priced out per session. For example, an hour long class costs $700 from September through mid-June. We have broken down the tuition amounts into comfortable monthly payments. Since the fee is per session, please understand there is no pro-rated tuition for short months or missed classes.
There will be a 25% discount for siblings who enroll in a class
REGISTRATION FEES/PAYMENT SCHEDULE/PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- The registration fee is $20.00 per student or $30.00 per family. Returning students will receive a $5.00 loyalty discount off of the registration fee. ($15.00 per student or $25.00 per family).
- Tuition payments are due between the 1st and the 5th of each month. There are several payment options to include: a) paying in person at the studio with one of the receptionists b) paying online via the MMDC website or c) calling in a credit card payment during regular studio operating hours. A $20.00 late payment fee will be automatically assessed by our system the 6th of each month.
- Cash, checks, money orders and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
IMPORTANT MMDC ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- All balances (tuition, competition, costume, recital fee or other) must be paid off before the recital to be able to participate in the recital. In addition, if there is a balance at the time of picture day, the dancer will not be permitted to participate in picture day. Any student with an outstanding balance will not participate in picture day.
- Even if costume balances are paid in full, costumes will not be released to any student/family with an outstanding balance (tuition, competition, recital fee or other).
- If necessary, MMDC will take legal action to collect any unpaid/past due fees. MMDC will seek judgment in the amount of the past due balance plus the cost of our filing fees.
ENROLLMENT IN LEVELS 1-4 CLASSES – REQUIRED CURRICULUM
Students enrolled in Levels 1 -4 are required to take a more intense curriculum. Enrollment in these courses is by teacher recommendation only. In order to be placed in Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 Jazz or Lyrical classes, the dancer must take the full required ballet and turns and leaps curriculum for their level placement. If the full technique (ballet AND turns and leaps) curriculum cannot be adhered to, the dancer will have to enroll in an intermediate level combination class.
MMDC WITHDRAWAL POLICY
- You must provide written notice of your dancer’s withdrawal from MMDC. The written notice must be provided at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the month. (For example, if you withdraw your dancer on October 5, you will still be responsible for paying all of October’s tuition). Not bringing your child to class anymore does not qualify as withdrawing. Monthly tuition and late payment fees will continue to accrue and are your responsibility until the proper written notice has been provided.
- If you withdraw your dancer from classes prior to December 19, 2015; you will incur a $50.00 drop fee for the first class and a $25.00 drop fee for each additional class.
- If you withdraw your dancer after January 1, 2016, you will be responsible for paying a drop fee equal to one full month of tuition.
- If you withdraw after costumes have been ordered and we are able to cancel your costumes, you will incur a $25.00 costume cancellation fee for each costume cancellation. If we are unable to cancel your costume, you will be responsible for the price of the costume in full and will be required to come pick the costume up when it is delivered to the studio.
Please make sure you stay in the know!
- NEWSLETTER: Your dancer will bring home a newsletter the beginning of each month. The newsletter is always full of pertinent information.
- WEBSITE: Frequently check our website www.makingmovesdc.org.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- TEXT/EMAIL ALERTS: There’s no excuse for not knowing about studio closings/delayed openings or early dismissals. You can either text @MMDC to 240-696-0266 to opt in to receive important text alerts or visit www.rainedout.com, search for “Making Moves Dance Collective” and sign up to receive email notifications.
- TEAM APP: We are using the “MMDC” app powered by “Team App”. It’s 100% FREE! Via the web you can join at http://mmdc.teamapp.com. Or you can download the app for free for iPhone, iPad or android.
Students may remain at the studio if they have a 1 hour break in between their classes. If your dancer has a break longer than an hour, you will be required to pick them up.
MMDC Facility Etiquette
- There will be no rough-housing, loud voices or running in the building.
- Parents need to be sure that younger children are supervised at all times.
- Students are expected to keep the bathrooms, dressing room, waiting areas, kitchenette and classrooms neat and clean. Dancers and visitors are expected to pick up after themselves.
- Dancers are expected to wait in the building for their ride.
- Parents, please pick up your children on time. We will be strictly enforcing our late pick up fee. After a five minute grace period, you will be charge $1.00 per minute you are late. Payment will be due upon pick up. If the fee has to be assessed to your account, late fees will be added.
- We are not a babysitting service. Please do not drop your dancer off hours early, leave him/her there hours late or bring family members and friends to drop off with your dancer.
- Under no circumstance should a student ever wear dance shoes outside.
- Parents sitting in the lobby are asked to be respectful to MMDC staff, fellow parents, and students.
MMDC Classroom Etiquette
- Students are required to come to class on time, dressed appropriately, and hair pulled back into a bun or ponytail.
- If students are more than 10 minutes late for class, they may be asked to sit and observe. Latecomers can be a distraction to the other dancers and proper warm-up is important to prevent injury.
- No gum, candy, food, or beverages (other than water) are allowed in the classroom.
- Parents of our Tiny Tots are asked to take their dancer to the bathroom prior to class to avoid the inevitable chain reaction once one student has to go during class.
- Students will not sit on the floor or lean on the walls during class. MMDC students are expected to be attentive and alert at all times; particularly when an instructor is correcting another student so that they may also learn from the correction.
- Students will not talk during class and will raise their hands to be called on.
- All cell phones must be turned off during class.
Dance is a commitment and your dancer is expected to attend each class. Poor attendance and /or excessive tardiness may result in your child being removed from recital/performance choreography. This decision is made at the discretion of the instructor and Directors regardless of any entry fees, tuition, extra rehearsal fees or costume fees which may have been remitted.
RIGHT TO DISMISS
MMDC reserves the right to dismiss any student or parent from the program and/or studio due to disruptive, unruly, and/or offensive behavior. A verbal or physical assault by any student or parent is considered unruly behavior and will be cause for MMDC to remove a dancer from the program. No refunds (tuition, costume, competition, recital fee or other) will be issued due to a student being removed from MMDC for one of the reasons listed above. If your costumes have been already ordered; you will be responsible for payment in full despite the fact your dancer will not be performing.
RIGHT TO REFUSE/REMOVE/DEBAR FROM RECITAL AND OR OTHER MMDC PERFORMANCES & EVENTS
Inappropriate words, actions, gestures or threats to any MMDC affiliate to include: directors, instructors, administrative staff, board members, fellow students, guests or vendors will result in removal/debarment from any and all MMDC events. MMDC events may include, but are not limited to public performances, competitions, stage rehearsals and recitals. Individuals in violation of the above policy will be removed immediately and not permitted to participate regardless of any entry fees, rehearsals or rehearsal fees that may have been remitted.
Additionally, as stated in the attendance/punctuality policy, a dancer may be removed from some or all recital pieces, regardless of tuition, costume or entry fees previously paid, due to poor attendance and/or excessive tardiness.
- It is extremely important for every MMDC student to come to class properly attired for dance. Proper dance attire allows our instructors to make sure each student is using proper body alignment and technique. Students tend to work harder and “present” themselves as dancers when they are properly attired. Additionally, all students should have their hair pulled away from their face during classes. Big jewelry, baggy clothes, tennis shoes, and jeans are prohibited from all classes.
- Tiny Tots/Beginner students: Black or royal blue leotard, tan dance tights, pink leather ballet shoes, black Bloch Mary Jane Tap Shoes (Ballet skirts are optional.)
- Intermediate students: Black or royal blue leotard, tan dance tights and appropriate dancewear for specific classes (i.e.: jazz pants or biker shorts, ballet skirt, jazz shoes, lyrical shoes/sandals/paws, tap shoes for ages 11 and under – Black Bloch Mary Jane Tap Shoes; ages 12 and up shoes will be specified by the instructor. Dancewear may be purchased in local stores. Please see a staff member for more info.
- Intro to Ballet and Levels 2-4 Ballet: Black leotard , pink tights, pink canvas ballet shoes.
- Hip Hop students: Flexible clothing and tennis shoes. ABSOLUTELY NO JEANS, SANDALS OR BOOTS!
- Gymnastics – Females: Either a one piece unitard, or a black or royal blue leotard with biker shorts or footless tights and bare feet.
- Gymnastics Males: Basketball shorts with either a fitted tank top or a fitted “Under Armour” style shirt and bare feet.
- OUR DRESS CODE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. NO STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS WEARING JEANS. ANY STUDENT WHO REPORTS TO CLASS IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN DANCE ATTIRE WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIT OUT AND TAKE NOTES RATHER THAN PARTICIPATE.
RETURNED CHECK POLICY:
There will be a $35.00 fee assessed to all return checks. Additionally, after one returned check, payments will only be accepted in the form of cash, money order or certified checks.
The recital fee, along with MMDC fundraisers, cover the costs involved in the production including the rental of the theater for rehearsal and the performance, professional lighting system and technicians, professional sound system and technicians, theater staff, and custodians. Each dancer will receive a MMDC recital t-shirt. The recital fees for the 2015/2016 season are:
$65.00 per student
Family of 2
$90.00 per family
Family of 3 or more
$125 per family
Recital fees are due NO LATER THAN April 16, 2016
RECITAL INFORMATION/COSTUME DEPOSITS:
- All MMDC students are eligible and encouraged to perform in our end of the year recital. All MMDC students are eligible and encouraged to perform in our end of the year recital. This year’s recital will be held at Charles Herbert Flowers High School – Date TBD. Additional information will be given out throughout the year in studio Newsletters and via email/website.
- All costume payments are non-refundable. In addition, should you withdraw your dancer once his/her costume has been ordered, you will be responsible for paying the full amount due for the costumes despite the fact your dancer will not be participating in the recital.
2015/2016 COSTUME PAYMENT SCHEDULE
$75 for main class; $20 per additional class deposit
$50 for main class; $20 per additional class
Parents will be provided with an invoice detailing the costume balance due. The costume companies will not ship any costume that is not paid for in full. If you are having financial difficulties it is important to keep the line of communication open between yourself and MMDC Management.
2015/2016 COSTUME PRICES:
Costume fees include the price of the costume, shipping and handling and administrative fees. Core classes will receive a pair of flesh tone or tan tights as part of their costume fees. Specialty tights requested by the instructor (ie: full body tights, fishnets etc) must be purchased separately by the parent.
All Tiny Tot Classes
Tap and Ballet
All Beginner/Intermediate 2 class combos
Tap and Ballet
All Beginner/Intermediate 3 class combos
Tap, Ballet and Jazz
Level 1/2 Hip Hop
Level 3 Hip Hop
Mob Squad Hip Hop
Level 4 Hip Hop
Levels 1- 4
Tap, Ballet, Jazz & Lyrical
*If you have a male student enrolled in any class, please check with your child’s instructor to determine if a costume will be ordered for your dancer or if you are required to purchase something on your own*
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COSTUMES:
Costumes are ordered using your child’s measurements in conjunction with the measurement chart provided by each costume company. Please keep in mind that sizing may vary from company to company and depending on what material each costume is made of. Generally, any costume that comes with pants will need some form of alteration as the costume companies do not measure for length – only width and girth. MMDC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND WILL NOT ISSUE ANY REFUNDS FOR COSTUME FITTING ISSUES. All costumes are custom made and therefore non-returnable. If you have concerns about your child’s sizing, please see the instructor or a member of management to review your child’s measurements and the size costume ordered for him/her or to specify what size costume you would like ordered. Parents may incur additional fees and will have to make arrangements to have any alterations performed as necessary.
Wednesday 11/25/15 – Saturday 11/28/15
Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
Monday 12/21/2015– Saturday 01/02/16
Closed for Winter Break. Classes resume Monday 01/04/16
Saturday 03/26/16 – Friday 04/01/16
Closed for Spring Break. Classes resume Saturday 04/02/16
Saturday 05/28/16 – Monday 05/30/16
Closed for Memorial Day. Classes resume Tuesday 05/31/16
FEDERAL HOLIDAYS AND INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS:
- In the case of Federal Holidays, please do not assume MMDC is closed every time Prince George’s County schools or the Federal Government is closed. Please refer to the MMDC websites Calendar/Upcoming Events link and/or check your monthly newsletter for verification.
- MMDC will generally follow Prince George’s County Public Schools in case of inclement weather; however, if the weather clears classes may still be held, so please call the studio for a recorded message. There are no make up classes or tuition discounts/reimbursements for classes missed due to inclement weather or national emergencies.
COMPETITIONS and PUBLIC PERFORMANCES:
- Making Moves Dance Collective is an instructional studio and a competitive dance entity. At the discretion of the instructors with approval of the directors, your child’s class may be selected to perform routines at competitions and/or community events.
- *Any student selected to represent MMDC at competition is required to purchase MMDC swag which is to be worn to each competition and on stage for awards ceremonies.* Furthermore, some of these events will have additional costs associated with them to include non refundable entrance fees, fees for extra rehearsals and costume fees. Staff of MMDC will make you aware of any competitions or events as far in advance as possible. I understand there will be specific makeup, eye jewel and hair requirements I have to adhere to in order for my child to compete.
- If you do not want your child to be considered for participation in competitions you must make that fact known at the time you register. Non-competitive students will still be required to participate in class instruction and learn choreography. Additionally, parents are responsible for transporting students to and from these performances.
- The directors of MMDC reserve the right to close any class due to insufficient registration or attendance.
- The instructors and directors reserve the right to remove any student from class who is displaying disorderly or disruptive behavior.
- The instructors of MMDC are not responsible for lost/stolen items. Please make sure that you have clearly labeled your child’s belongings.
- MMDC staff can only be responsible for your child during the time they are scheduled to receive instruction in our facility. Parents must be on time to pick their children up. There will be a five minute grace period at the conclusion of each class and then a babysitting fee of $1.00 per minute will be assessed.